Advertisements

Saturday 16 August 2014

IJAY-Exclusive interview with Nigeria number one Cultural Lyrist



Music is a tool, to some its relates to them like a device, the world around us, is directed and woven in sound, the power of music can be felt through the individual art.

Music motivates, inspires and serves as a reminder to its receiver, musician have become loved for the ideas and passion, Culture is something that cannot be separated from the Nigerian music industry, the major products that were sold in the foreign market in the late 60s, king sunny ade,fatai rolling dollars and Ebenezer obe had sold a style of music so unique and attractive to the ears.

the juju music brought prominence to the pop kings who ruled the scene for decades.
Today we speaking with a young talented act, he goes by the name @ijuwonlo AKA (IJAY)





We welcome you to CORAZON:  yes oh my people, the one way they sing song, way they make the ladies run and turn is in the building, it Is nice to be here, I must say you guys are awesome and you are doing great. Thanks for having me

May we know you: my name is Akande olashile my fans call me Ijay, am a musician by profession, am a self driven individual who believes that there is nothing impossible and there is no obstacle in our way we can’t sub mount.
May we know when you were born: I was born April 12 1993

What state are you from:  I was born in Gbagada Lagos, my state of origin is Kwara state in Nigeria growing up showed me the other side of life, but am the better for it now, because my music has taken me places

What style of music do you do: I do Afro-pop but I can also blend with several other mix and tunes.


What are the title of the songs you are promoting : the title of the singles am promoting now are (I don’t care produced by @skill_p and beans go done by L.37)

How many singles do you have recorded: I have four tracks recorded and over twenty written and composed by me.

When did you start music: I discovered that I love singing right from childhood, I listen to music a lot when ever am sad music is my tonic to feel better, but I started music professionally January 2012, which gave birth to the write up (I don’t care)
What do you like about this two producers you have worked with: they are both talented and have good ears for music, they understand my flow and are patient to listen even when am wrong, there production is something else you can listen to my songs to see what I mean, don’t say because I said so.

Which artiste do you looking at working with: I have a long list because there are lots of determined cats in the game right now, but I will love to do work with 2face, wizkid, davido, ice prince, 9ice, M.i, lady gaga, avicii, Akon e.t.c
What’s your unique selling point: I believe what stands me out is my delivery, energy and flow on my tunes

What major challenges have you encountered in your career: there was a time when nobody knew who I was, whenever I go for shows the Dj and event organizers will bounce me because they don’t know me and my style of music, I also remember back then I use to go hustle in the street just to get money to record my songs but I thank God today all that is but a story now, right now am getting paid, I just thank God for the new change am experiencing now.

May we know where you are born: I grew up in the city of Lagos Gbagada area to be precise, am proud of my hood because they are the only family I had when the chips are down

How many are you in your family: we are3boys and a girl, I lost my brother last year (December 4 2013) it was one of the darkest moments in my life.

What’s your inspiration behind the song beans go done: a lot of things in life goes through a certain process before it fuses to reality, its only in its reality that’s when people choose to celebrate you, nobody cares how you arrived, they just want to see you at the top.

I have never had a family to love me, I was born and made on the street, hustling day by day to eat and do what I love doing, I sometimes wonder if its right to even dream because I was not giving anything in life, the cooking of beans itself takes a process before its ready, it was this thoughts and feeling that gave birth to the tune beans go done.
I believe no matter what or who you are with prayers and God on your side someday your own beans go done.

What’s your plan for music for the next five years: seating at the top of Nigeria’s music industry as number one in my field.

Those your parents support your talent: my parents supports with prayers and I appreciate them for that.

How do you come about the proverbs in your songs: majorly from my experience in life and my environment, I was raised on the street, also listen to comments people pass and response with adage and I combined with my experience to form my tunes.

Which artiste did you grow up listening to:  music keeps on growing from age to age, I want to appreciate all the forerunners who made it possible for us to enjoy todays benefits from music, but growing up I listened to acts such as (king sunny ade, fela, obe, pasuma, rolling dollars, Akon, 9ice and a host of others.

What impact do you wish to create in the music industry: I want write songs that when others listen, it will lift them out of their sad times, I want to use my work to inspire others who hope to achieve nothing but the best for themselves, and I hope to tell a story to inspire believe and hope to our generation yet unborn.

Do you have a girlfriend: ofcourse I do, am in love with the reasons that give my world life, am in love with the reason you and I are speaking right now, I love her so much that I cant stop thinking about her, she is my world, my song her name is music, she always keeps me going.


What should your fans expect from you: they should expect great lyrics, inspiring Afro pop songs and a seat at the top in my choosen career.
Word from the horse’s mouth:  what ever it is you love doing, keep on doing it, your passion holds the key to everyday happiness, when you are happy the world would be happy. I pray that God grants you going through this message grace and love, just keep moving forward and believe @ijuwonlo says so.

Kindly share your handle so your fans can contact you: twitter @ijuwonlo, facebbok page: idealistic juwonlo.

THANKS FOR HAVING ME CORAZON FOR YOU BOOKINGS KINDLY CONTACT THE VIA 08126242991 THANK YOU ALL OUT THERE WHO KEEPS ON SUPPORTING GOOD MUSIC


IJAY-Exclusive interview with Nigeria number one Cultural Lyrist

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Corazon Forum

Copyright © Corazon Nigeria All Right Reserved